In this Quick Start Guide we will walk you through how to update your company information, add personnel, aircraft, customers and vendors to your account. Throughout the guide there will be various links to articles that show detailed step-by-step instructions to ensure your account is setup properly.
Add Company Information
The company profile lays out the basic information about your organization such as contact numbers, hours of operations, certificate number and more. If you are utilizing the default quote and trip documents, some of these fields will dynamically pull in if entered (address, phone, email and website). Additionally, you are able to upload your company logo in the profile page which will also dynamically pull into documents that you generate from Avianis.
- Go to My Company > Profile in the main navigation.
- Input all of the relevant information about your company
- To upload a logo, click "Choose File" at the top of the page, select your company logo from your computer and click "Upload" (the logo will appear actual size on documents so please insure the file is scaled accordingly).
4. To upload important company documents (DO-85, Insurance, etc...) drag and drop them from your desktop to the documents section on the right side of the page.
Add Personnel Members
In order for your business users and crew to access Avianis they must be setup in your account. Once created, they will setup their password and login.
- Go to My Company > Personnel in the main navigation
- Click "Create"
- Select whether this is a business or a flight crew user (flight crew will only have access to their flight logs, schedule, expenses, airport directory, tasks and vendors) and click "Next"
4. Enter their name, email and home base airport and click "Save" (the email entered will be their username to access in Avianis). Once they are created, the system will send out a welcome email with a link to setup their password and login unless you uncheck the "Send Email Invitation" box before saving.
NOTE: The link in the welcome email to setup their password will only be valid for 30 minutes. If they have not setup their password within this period of time, they can go to login.avianis.com, enter their email and click the Forgot Password link.
5. When you click "Save" it will take you into the full user profile. On the right side of the page you can set the appropriate roles to ensure they only have access to the areas of the application they need.
Restrict Profile: Restrict profile allows an admin to restrict a users profile to read only on certain sections of the profile. For example, when set to yes, personnel are only able to edit information on their profile tab, Certificates, Type Ratings and Preferences.
Scheduling Settings: Whether the user is a business or flight crew license, the schedule settings can be customized. If the user is not supposed to see all aircraft or personnel activity on their calendar select custom, select the applicable aircraft and/or personnel, then click "Save Changes."
In order to begin generating quotes or trips on managed fleet aircraft, setup aircraft profiles. Go to My Company > Aircraft and click Create.
NOTE: Associate an account or multiple accounts to an aircraft. If one account is associated to the aircraft, when building a trip for that account, the system will auto-select the tail number associated. If there is more than one account associated to an aircraft, the auto-selection function is not available.
Add Accounts (Customers)
There are three main records in Avianis that are used to manage customers (Leads, Accounts and Contacts). Leads are utilized to keep track of potential customers and allow you to build their profile and generate quotes without converting them to a full account. Accounts are the parent record and contacts such as passengers, executive assistants, etc. are associated to the account record.
- Go to the Accounts page from the main navigation.
- Click "Create"
- Enter account name and account type and click "Save & Edit" to access the full account profile.
NOTE: There are default account types in Avianis which you can utilize or you can go to My Company > Global Settings > CRM > Account Types and customize them to fit your organization.
Add Contacts or Leads
- If you are already in the account record you want to add the contact to, click the Contacts tab and then click "Create".
2. Enter their name and email address and click "Save & Edit" to access their full profile.
3. To add a contact outside of the account page or create a lead go to Contacts in the main navigation.
4. Click "Create".
5. Select whether you want to create a contact or a lead.
6. Enter their name, email and the account they are associated to (only if you are creating a contact).
7. Click "Save & Edit" to access their full profile.
Similar to your customers, you can also track your vendor relationships in Avianis as well. You can track hotels, caterers, FBOs, handlers, charter operators and more all from one place.
- Go to Vendors in the main navigation.
- Click "Create".
- Enter the vendor name and type and click "Save & Edit" to access the full profile. Within each vendor record, you are able to input contact info, additional contacts, associated aircraft (for Charter Operators), airport locations and more.
NOTE: For certain vendor types, if you tie them to airports, they will show up in the services area of trips for that airport (click here to learn how to add a vendor to an airport)