Avianis integrates with APIS allowing users to submit General Aviation Unscheduled operations.
For private APIS submissions, you must send an email to [email protected] with the following information in order to send manifests through Avianis.
For unscheduled commercial APIS submissions, you must send an email to
[email protected] with the following information in order to send manifests through Avianis.
This email is a request to enable my eAPIS Sender ID to transmit APIS manifests through the Avianis product. My details are as follows:
eAPIS Sender ID:
Software Provider: Avianis
Setup APIS Accounts
- Go to My Company > Global Settings > Trip > eAPIS Accounts
- Click "Create New"
- Select the account type
- Enter the same credentials used to log into the eAPIS (Electronic Advanced Passenger Information System) website and all other fields and click "Save." If no emergency contact info is entered on the account setup, the submission pulls from the PIC's personnel profile.
Note: Do not send test manifests. Once eAPIS is authenticated there is a direct feed to the CBP system.
- Expand the eAPIS section of the snapshot in the trip you are submitting the manifest for
- Click "Submit" next to the appropriate location. If submitting a US inbound or outbound, click "Submit USA." If submitting a Canadian inbound or outbound, click "Submit CAN."
3. All of the passengers and crew will be listed in the popup.
4. Enter the border crossing
5. Select the applicable APIS account
6. Designate the crew/pax address preference. Select to use different addresses for each passenger/crew, utilize the FBO address or use a custom address for everyone.
7. The travel documents designated in the Crew and Passengers section of the trip will be pulled over to the corresponding eAPIS, allowing individuals to use different travel documents on different legs. If no travel document is selected, the eAPIS will revert to the default travel document selection in the crew or contact profile. You also have the ability to select the applicable travel documents for all Crew and Passengers in the eAPIS section itself.
8. Click Validate
Validating the submission looks for all required information for a successful submission.
If items are missing a red x will appear by the crew/passenger. In that case the user can click the blue pencil icon to access the profile to update accordingly. A yellow warning icon is present when no travel document is selected. This will not occur on an outbound flight from the United States, a DHS-approved travel document is not required to leave the country.
9. Once all passengers and crew have a green check mark click "Submit"
10. Once submitted the confirmation will display in the snapshot. The confirmation numbers indicates the manifests have been sent. The email confirmation confirms the manifest was processed successfully.